About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

May 20, 2014

The Literal Heart of Jesus, The Wish Granting Factory, and John Green

I know there is a lot of media hype right now because The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is set to hit theaters June 6th in the US...But I have to share this review with you anyways.

Let me start by first saying. . .This book has literally changed my life. I know, I know, that probably sounds really ridiculous and corny and nerdy, but honestly guys I cannot get Augustus Waters and Hazel Grace's story out of my head. I've been thinking about them and the things I learned from this book all day. If I wasn't already a religious person who strongly believed in the Bible, I would probably tell you that this book could be the Bible. But since I am a religious person I won't say that.
If John Green were ever to visit our little "Literal Heart of Jesus" (our literary therapy place here on the internet) I would want him to know that The Fault In Our Stars is to me what An Imperial Affliction is to Hazel and Augustus. I don't have cancer or any other serious illness or anything, but that's not the point. You don't need to be sick to have that kind of connection. I would want to thank him for all the beautiful and incredibly amazing lessons he has taught me through this book, such as:


1. Life is short. Live like you're dying. Love like you're dying.
2. Life is not a wish granting factory. If you want something, work for it.
3. Sick people are still people. They don't necessarily want your pity. They want your honesty.  
4. True love is real and it comes in all forms.

This isn't all but I don't want to list them all. Some are just for me personally. I can promise you that after reading this book, you will not be left empty handed. You will take something from this book I can guarantee it.
 

This was not just an amazing love story of two terminally ill teenagers. There is so much more involved. One minute you will be laughing at the hysterically funny banter the characters always seem to have going. The next you will be sobbing your eyes out because you have just been shell shocked by some incredibly profound and intense life lesson or discovery. When I finally finished reading the last page I wanted so badly to flip it over and start again. However, just like Hazel and Augustus, I was left with questions. So again, like Hazel and Augustus I will ask you Mr. Green. If you ever come across this review, I ask you, What happened to Hazel? Did Isaac ever get his robot eyes? Did Augustus's parents split up? Did Monica ever beg for forgiveness? Was there ever a sequel to An Imperial Affliction? and finally sir, what truly ever happened to the hamster Sisyphus?

Enjoy!
-Bookworm

No comments: