About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

May 20, 2014

It All Began With A Black-Out. . . LEGEND SERIES BY MARIE LU

So about a week ago, the town where I live was experiencing one of it's seasonal spring storms and unfortunately for me, my power went out early on Saturday afternoon. Little did I know that I was about to read one of the greatest series EVER! Out of boredom, I picked the first book my eyes landed on. This magical book is called LEGEND by Marie Lu. It took me a day and a half to read this book and I was so entertained and intrigued that I snuck to Target before church on that Sunday to pick up the next two books. It took me all of the following week to get through the series.

Lets do negatives first. Just get it over with.
1. I (being incredibly OCD and picky) picked up on several grammatical and spelling errors. Also, sometimes it seemed like her sentences were written a little backwards, like it sounded wrong when I was reading it. But that's just her own personal stylistic choices. Now if I'm correct, I believe she majored in computer sciences or something so she didn't set out to write a series, it just kind of happened. Also, she's human, those things happen to everyone. But that's what you have an editor for. Just saying.
2. Some of the lines and scenes came off incredibly cheesy. . . but that could just be my own personal preference.

Now lets focus on the AMAZING things about this series!
I loved her characters. I was emotionally invested in them by the middle of LEGEND. When I wasn't reading, I was wondering what was going to happen to them. I thought they were incredibly well developed and believable. Kudos to you Marie! That's really hard to do. I felt like the story flowed smoothly and transitioned from one problem to the next. Also, her ability to create several unique countries with completely separate but somehow equally dysfunctional governments is insane! I was thoroughly impressed. Her world-building, her characters, her story line. Everything came together to create this amazing story that tore at my heart strings. I was glued to the pages.

If you haven't read these yet, I suggest you do so immediately! Pronto. I mean stop reading this and get on it.

Thank you Marie Lu for bringing us this fantastic series! I applaud you!

Enjoy guys!
-Bookworm

No comments: