About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

October 23, 2013

Author To Watch: Courtney Alameda

Courtney AlamedaSo I've mentioned before that I have an amazing friend who has recently been picked up by Feiwel & Friends/Macmillan. Her debute novel "SHUTTER" is set for publication for fall 2014. I have read bits and pieces now and again and it is amazing! I cannot wait to read the whole thing.
 
"Courtney Alameda’s career has been spent in and around books. She holds a B.A. in English Literature with an Emphasis in Creative Writing from Brigham Young University, spent seven non-consecutive years working for Barnes & Noble, and currently works as an Adult & Teen Services librarian at the Provo City Library. Her forthcoming novel, SHUTTER (Fall 2014, Feiwel & Friends/Macmillan), is a tale spawned in part by Bram Stoker’s DRACULA, in part by her experiences both paranormal and not-so-paranormal, and features a cast of monsters inspired by everything from Japanese folklore to survival horror video games.
Courtney is represented by John M. Cusick of Greenhouse Literary. A Northern California native, she now resides in Utah.

"From the Publisher's Weekly Rights Report, March 4, 2013: "Liz Szabla at Feiwel and Friends has preempted world rights to Shutter, a debut YA novel by librarian and bookseller Courtney Alameda. The novel, which chronicles ghost hunter Micheline Helsing's pursuit of a malevolent spirit across San Francisco, was signed from a 15-page sample at the Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers conference last June. Publication is set for fall 2014. John M. Cusick of Greenhouse Literary brokered the deal, his first since joining Greenhouse in January."

I know most of you will love this book. So keep your eyes out for Miss Courtney and go get her book next fall! Read more about Courtney and her career at http://courtneyalameda.com/

Thanks!

-Bookworm

No comments: