About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

June 28, 2014

The Saddest, Yet Most Inspiring, and Thought Provoking Book You Will Read--Jodi Piccoult's The Storyteller

Hey everyone! Last night I finally finished The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult.

I cried.

I laughed.

I was horrified.

I cried some more.

I ran out of tissues and had to buy more.

I lost sleep.

I walked away with a new perspective on  life.

This book will forever change how you see the world. It will also change how you see people. This book deals with the debate of right and wrong. . .black and white. . . and evil vs. good. This book is thoroughly researched and incredibly, and tastefully written. I know I have ranted and raved about Jodi Piccoult and her amazing work in the past, but this is truly an incredible piece of work. I could not put it down. I had to know what happened to Minka and like some of the other characters, I had to know what happened to Ania and Aleks. This book will blow your mind and make you question every shred of information you have ever learned in school about the Holocaust. . .well the little that was actually taught that is. I was completely astounded by the amount of information I did NOT know before.

Please, beware, this book is amazing, but it is also incredibly hard to read. I felt sick to my stomach half the time and couldn't see the words from tears the other half.

I am constantly surprised at how Jodi Piccoult shocks me time and time again. As is her style, you will be left with a massive shock and a What happens next?

THERE IS A REASON THIS WOMAN IS CONSTANTLY TOPPING THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST!

I HIGHLY recommend it!

-Enjoy!
Bookworm



P.S. next up: THE MURDER COMPLEX BY LINDSAY CUMMINGS  ***STAY TUNED***

No comments: