About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

June 1, 2014

John Green Has Done it Again! Chasing Alaska and the Great Perhaps

Hey guys! Hope the summer is treating everyone well! This last week I finished yet another John Green book called Chasing Alaska. After reading The Fault In Our Stars, I knew I needed more of John Green's amazing stories. Now I will say that though I do not always appreciate his choice of diction or sometimes uncomfortable scenes, I understand they are crucial to his overall work. If you have yet to read a John Green novel, I suggest you do so. He will have you laughing, crying and confused, and at the end you will be emotionally spent, in a good way of course. I always say, if a book doesn't make you feel SOMETHING then the author has not done their job.

The main character, Miles, or Pudge as the students call him, is fascinated with the last words of famous deceased people. if that wasn't already interesting enough, he is also on a quest for a Great Perhaps, or something that is yet to come. Like most of us, Pudge is searching for meaning and excitement in his life. He needs something to make his life purposeful. And he finds it. Sort of. In the shape of Alaska Young, a spunky teenage girl who attends the same boarding school. Now, before you get ahead of yourself and call this a romance novel, it isn't. Not at all. But I'm not going to spoil so I'll leave it at that.

I went out and purchased yet another JG book but I won't start it until after I finish Cassandra Clare's City of Heavenly Fire. There will be a review on that soon!
Until then,

Enjoy!
-Bookworm

No comments: