About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

August 9, 2014

Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman

Hey all! Alright I just finished this book on Thursday and it was fabulous! It is written by Neil Gaiman who is from the UK so it reads a little differently than I am used too. I had to look up a few things, such as "Sticking Plasters" apparently is the equivalent of a band-aid in America.

The book is about a man who returns to his childhood home and remembers a very interesting encounter with his neighbors down the road. The way Gaiman writes about the neighbors is just so fascinating! They were very unique and I was always waiting for the next crazy thing to happen!

Ultimately this is a story of growing up and maturing. Its a story about friendships and loss. Its very interesting to read a book from a child's point of view. It brings a different tone. Overall, I absolutely loved this book!

Highly Recommend!

Enjoy!
Bookworm

No comments: