About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

July 21, 2014

Descent By Kallie Ross

Hey all! Just so you know, I actually finished this book over a week ago, but due to a family vacation in the wilderness, I was unable to post any soon than now. But since I am back in civilization, I will do my best to review this book!

First off, let me say how much I love Kallie Ross. She's such a cute person. I used to listen to her Podcasts about the Twilight Series back in 2008 and both her and her sister are adorable people. I was even mentioned once! Anyways when I heard she was writing a book, I knew I had to read it! I believe Kallie self published. . . at least that's what my nook version said under Publisher. So Here we go:


I loved this book as a whole! I loved the characters! They were so full of life and their personalities were so cute and spunky. They were constantly making me laugh. The back story, the tribe of underground people, the descriptions, and the legends were all so interesting and it made me constantly stop and wonder if any of it was real. If so then I'm impressed by Kallie's research. If not, then I am equally impressed or more so with her imagination. The love triangle was cute! I really want her to choose Mateo, but I have a feeling there's going to be a Edward, Jacob, Bella thing happening in the future books. Lastly, I loved the way she ended the book. It was slightly elusive. You have some idea of what is going to happen, but there is still an air of mystery. I cannot wait for book 2.


I only have 2 negative comments and one isn't so negative at all really, just a preference:


1. I wish there was a way to have a hard copy of this book. I believe that  you can only purchase it via e-reader. But like I said, that's just my personal preference. Not a biggie.


2. I'm not sure if my next issue is because Kallie self published or if there was a typing error when they converted it to text or whatever. But I found that there were a lot of typos and things of that nature. Obviously, you are not going to catch every single one, and I know there are probably typos in this blog, but there were several large typos. I'm not sure how self publication works when it comes to editing. but you all know this is just a pet peeve of mine. It doesn't make this story any less awesome at all.


Overall I completely loved this book and if you all are looking for a good summer read, I definitely recommend this. It is only like 183 pages and I finished it in 2 days. So go get yourself a copy! Its only a few bucks on Barnes and Noble and I know Amazon has a version as well! If you want more information you can visit Kallie on Twitter, Instagram or at her website http://kallieross.com/


-Enjoy!!
Bookworm

No comments: