About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

June 18, 2014

The Mortal Insturments: City of Heavenly Fire FINALE! ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Hello!

I hope the summer is treating everyone well! Aside from working, writing, blogging, and all the
various major life events that have occurred these past couple of weeks, I have finally finished the last installment of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series! All 725 pages of it! I feel so accomplished and slightly disappointed that they are now over. However, Cassie announced her new SERIES set to release late in 2015 titled The Dark Artifices!! I am beyond excited!

After finishing the 6th book, I became curious. Just how many pages has Cassie dedicated to this series? Well, counting up all the Hardcover editions of The Mortal Instruments series, the total comes out to 3,310 pages... Still curious, I wondered how many pages her 1st spin of series, the Infernal Devices, totaled out to be....the three books alone equal 1,518 PAGES! So naturally, I added them together to get a grand total for all 9 books to be 4,828 pages. This does not include each of the short stories she has written (the Bane Chronicles). This number has completely blown my mind!

Now on to Heavenly Fire. . . .

I cannot tell you all how amazing of a job she did tying things up! I was so impressed and extremely happy! However I have 3 pet peeves. I'd say that's pretty good!

1. I found several mistakes through out the book. Now I know it may not be possible to catch them all, but when its things like "Infernal" as "internal" I get a little frustrated. Especially when "Infernal" was kind of the name of an important object. I can let the little things go, but the editor should make sure the important words are spelled correctly. It's like misspelling the name of a main character. . . awkward

2. This may seem silly, But. . .and SPOILER. . .I wish Clary and Jace would have gotten engaged. I mean COME ON! 6 books and they don't even get engaged! anyway that's not really that big of a deal I guess lol

and finally. . .

3. I think....and SPOILER AGAIN... that they way she killed off Sebastian was a little too easy to me. It reminded me of the ending to Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer when she just let everyone walk away from the biggest fight in history. I don't know I just think it was a lot of build up for a weak ending.

I think though if that's all that I have to complain about i'm in good shape! I really did love it though! I CANNOT wait for Cassandra Clare's new series next year. I'm seriously like the biggest fan! So Cassie, if you are reading this. . . Lets DO lunch ok! It's on me! JUST HAVE YOUR PEOPLE CALL MY PEOPLE! LOL but honestly, she is one of my biggest writing inspirations! and I want to say a big fat thank you for those 4,828 pages! That is such an accomplishment! Anyways now I'm rambling so I will tie this up here!

Enjoy guys!!
-Bookworm

No comments: