About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

November 21, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (SPOILERS)

Hey guys! I hope you are all having a great Thanksgiving week, that is if you live in or are from the U.S. I currently have my entire family staying with me, so my house is incredibly noisy. My Aunt and I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 today and I have to say, 5 hours later, my heart still isn't the same. I won't spoil the ending because you have to experience if for yourself but I will say this, IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!! (I really will try not to spoil too much, but be advised, there may be things you don't want to read about. . .if you're one of those fans)

I could not believe the things that were happening. My Aunt and I were just staring at the screen in total shock. I liked how they chose to start the film. However I will say that the song choice for me was strange, as it was several other times in the movie. I didn't always feel that the music matched the seriousness of the tone, or the funny moments between family members. In that department,  I thought it was lacking. I did love all the music, don't get me wrong, I just didn't love the placement. I have to say I loved the Thousand Years remake. You will understand when I say, it totally made the scene 100xs stronger. It was beautiful. It happens to be one of those scenes that only fans of the books would really fully understand.

At first I thought the movie was flying by. I was shocked at how fast the plot was moving along. Then I realized that the movie seemed fast because it was only covering half of the book. When I really thought about it, it really wasn't that off. The credits were really good. They went through all the actors from all of the past books and listed their name and character. It was a nice tribute and I felt that it fit well.

Let's talk Baby Renesmee. Baby Renesmee was so adorable, but she would have been better if she weren't so obviously not real. I get that they only had so much that they could do to make it seem real enough, but it kind of bothered me for some reason. And it wasn't just Renesmee as a baby either. Before the child actress came in, she seemed a little, I don't know, dream like, if that makes sense. She seemed like she wasn't really there. I tried to over look it. If that's all I have to complain about, then the movie was pretty amazing. It by far was the best movie in the series. I was really thrilled by how it turned out. I was so scared that they were going to have to change things to make it more appealing to those who hadn't read the book. I can't say more on that without spoiling the movie completely.

I am really sad that the fandom is over. I have had some good times with these books. I can't wait to see what Stephenie has for us next. But I will say, that whatever it is, please don't compare it to Twilight. Nothing she will ever write will be in the same category as Twilight. She may branch out and write murder mysteries like J. K. Rowling. But that doesn't mean that that murder mystery is anything like Harry Potter. Does that make sense? Give her future work a chance, like I know some of you did for The Host. She deserves that. I really am expecting her to start working on something new if she hasn't already, now that the movies are all over with. I'm so excited!

Let me know what you thought of the movie and leave me a comment! Have a great Thanksgiving, or Thursday, which ever fits for you!

-Enjoy!
Bookworm

3 comments:

The Romance Bookie said...

OMG LOVE this movie so much! I've seen it three times now!

I made a review video of this where I completely made a fool out of myself, haha

Here's the link:
http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/11/twilight-week-day-6-breaking-dawn-part.html

Bookworm95 said...

Bookie! I'm so sorry Its taken so long get back to you! I loved the movie too but I only got to see it once. I still don't have either part 1 or 2 on dvd. I live under a rock. Lol I will watch your video ASAP! And get back to you :))

Bookworm95 said...

awww your video rocks! :))