About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

July 26, 2011

# 3 & 4 On My Summer Reading List

Ok so the third and fourth books on my list were for my honors English class in school. I had to read them this summer and do all kinds of papers on them. If you like historical fiction these are two pretty good reads. I do like historical fiction, so I enjoyed them very much. But I have to say, that I liked the Crucible by Arthur Miller a lot more.


The Crucible: The Crucible is a play written about true events that took place in Salem Massachusetts during the 16 hundreds. Its about a small village of people who lived in peace until a young girl cried Witch. From there on, if someone had a grudge against you, you would most likely be charged with witchcraft and hanged. It is a great story, and I enjoyed reading it a lot.


The Chosen: The Chosen is about two Jewish boys. They go to different Jewish synagogues and have slightly different beliefs. They hate each other until on afternoon during a ball game. They become friends soon after and this is the story of their lives, religions, and histories. This story takes place during the second world war. I liked it, but for me it was sort of a longer read.


Both of these novels are great. Check them out!

-Enjoy!

-Bookworm

No comments: