About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

June 10, 2012

Some Things To Discuss

Hey guys! I haven't posted in a while, and I have a few things to share. I hope everyone is have a fabulous summer so far, I know I am. During the next few days, I will be adding some new things to the site. I should have done some of these things earlier. So here is what I plan on doing this summer concerning this blog and all of you! :

One of the things I will be doing, is my summer reading homework for school. I am currently entering my Senior year and since I am in advanced placement classes (AP English) I have to read a few things this summer and complete assignments. Those of you that have been with me for a while, know that I have had to do this for the past three summers. So of course I will be posting those books to the home page as I get to them. This being said, I will have a little less time to complete some of the things I have planned for this site, but I will try my best to keep you guys posted.

Next, I want to tell you all about a free e-book sharing site my teachers told me about. It is called Tuebl.com . It will come up if you Google it. Basically, you search the books and authors you want to find, and you can download it to your computer. Then you can sync it to anything like iPad, iPod, Nook, Kindle. Anything like that. However, I have found that 1, they sometimes have different book covers, and 2 if you have a nook like me, you have to put the books into your documents folder. It also, for me, may appear in a funky formatting when you open it. But its free, so don't be picky! I have downloaded like 100 books from this site and I love it!

I should have done this a long time ago, like in January. You all know that I am currently challenging myself to read as many books as I can before January 1, 2013 and I challenged all of you to do it too. Well, I am going to make a page and list my progress. I will post the name, author, picture, and I think I may rate it. I'm not sure about that last part yet. But I will put something there to show whether its worth reading or not. I will probably call the page January-January Reading Challenge.

This summer I also plan on furthering the High School Romance plot when I have some down time. I am really sorry for not writing anything sooner but I've been experiencing some writer's block lately. I have some plot points, but my problem was building up to those events. If anyone has any suggestions on how to further the story, or even just some criticism, I would much appreciate it!!!

On top of all those things, I have to complete a bucket-list my best friend and I have been putting together. I also am currently looking for a part time job in the town where I live. So it goes without saying that this summer, I will be extremely busy. I still have to squeeze some time in there somewhere for my friends and family, so they don't think I have totally forgotten them.

I want you all to know that I haven't given up on the Nicholas Sparks read-a-thon. I have just put it on hold for the moment as I'm sure you can all understand. I think I now own them all though so I will be fitting them into my summer reading load. Which by the way, I am currently looking at a large stack, and an even bigger list. I have been tasked to find some new reads for my bookgroup.

This is my last real summer before reality kicks in. I really hope to make the most of it and share it with all of you. I want you to know that I check in on my stats page regularly. I want to thank all of you that log on to this blog every week. I really appreciate it and I wish I could update it more. You all deserve that. Thank you for all the support and messages. They make me smile. I want to acknowledge those of you who visit me here because some of you live in places that I've never even heard of. And that rocks.

All I can do is say how blessed I am and how thankful I am and keep posting for all of you. Please, this is as much your site as mine. So send me a message and let me know what I can improve. Thanks again and have a great summer everyone!!!

-Enjoy!
Bookworm

No comments: