About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

December 19, 2011

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices Series #2) by Cassandra Clare

ATTENTION CITY FANS! Those of you that read Cassandra Clare's spin off, well the latest book just hit the shelf! The Clockwork Prince is the second book and I started reading it this morning.


"In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart."







I really recommend this series!

-Enjoy
Bookworm

2 comments:

UK said...

To my abiding joy, Cassie answers those questions in CP, and not on the last page of the novel! It was wonderful to have those answers almost immediately. It seems to be a mighty feat to be able to produce a successful 2nd novel in a series. Many times we don't find out enough information, and its basically just a huge setup for the finale. Clockwork Prince is not that way in the least. I was overjoyed by how many questions we actually got answered.

Bookworm95 said...

UK:
I totally agree with you. I was so glad to have some of my major questions answered. There were a lot of parts that I loved and hated at the same time. But I also understood why they had to happen. I think she is an amazing writer and I can't wait for the third and final book to this series to come out later this year. . . or so I've read. Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing opinions.