About Me

My photo
United States
Hi everyone! I am an aspiring author slash college student who loves to read which is probably obvious, and I love to share what I read with people, again, obvious. I think everyone has a book out there for them, its a matter of looking hard enough to find it and having a positive attitude about reading it. Anyways I hope you all find this blog helpful. Please feel free to comment and ask questions, that's why I do this! -Bookworm95

May 13, 2010

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks


So I picked up Message In a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. It's great so far.


"Teresa Osborne, a 36-year-old single mother, finds a bottle washed up on a Cape Cod beach. The scrolled-up message inside is a passionate love letter written by a heartbroken man named Garrett who is grieving over 'his darling Catherine.' Teresa is so moved by the stranger's poignant words that she vows to find the penman and publishes the letter in her syndicated Boston newspaper column. Questions linger in her mind and heart: Who is Garrett? Who is Catherine? What is their story? And most importantly, why did this bottle find its way to her?
Imagining that Garrett is the type of man she has always been seeking, Teresa sets out on an impulsive, hope-filled search. Her journey, her discovery, and the wisdom gained from this voyage of self-discovery changes her life forever."


Enjoy!!

-Bookworm

4 comments:

Megan McIntyre said...

If I'm correct they made a movie based on this story, it was really good. I think it was Dennis Quade that stars as Garrett, I can't remember, but I remember it was really good.

Megan McIntyre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Movie Chick said...

They did make a movie based on this book but it actually starred Kevin Costner as Garrett not Dennis Quaid. It was Nicholas Sparks first book-turned-movie. It was fantastic and it did pretty good in the box office as well.

Megan McIntyre said...

Yeah, that was the one. I'm horrible with names. Lol.